Monday, September 29, 2014

Wasted Time


Dress - Modcloth // Shoes & Belt - Body Central // Watch - Flea Market

I mentioned a few posts ago that my router broke so I was without internet the first few weeks of school. The first few days this was horrible. What was I going to do without internet? The answer: a lot. 

Generally, I keep track of what I do with my time. And, while I never wasted that much time on the internet, of course I occasionally wasted some time. Not having internet was definitely inconvenient for getting school done and getting in contact with people (or you know, when I needed to Google Disney song lyrics). But, I found that I had plenty to do even without internet. I started reading more, got a several projects done that I had been putting off, and my house has never been cleaner! All things I had been trying to find the time to do, and it turns out I already had the time!

It's awesome having internet again, but part of me wishes I had never fixed the router. (Just kidding. I, unfortunately, do need the internet.) Now I'm even more intentional about what I do with my time--especially when it comes to the internet. The one question I ask myself before clicking on a link or searching for something: Do I really care? If the answer is no, and it is more often than you'd think, I go and find something else to do. It's awesome! I've organized my craft-room/office, I'm almost done cleaning the basement, and I've read 4 or 5 books since the beginning of the semester. Yeah, life is kind of amazing without the burden/awesomeness that is the internet.

5 comments:

  1. Life without internet is glorious. I went two weeks with out it last summer when there was a huge power outage in my town and I had never read more in my entire life.
    awestrucksky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I almost miss not having internet--but I've still been good about reading!

      Delete
  2. I love a floral dress...so cute! Haha I don't know how well I'd fare without internet...

    Miranda
    Little Gold Pocket Watch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so good! Glad you got your internet back, but totally agree it can be a total timesuck/burden! I love it though :-)-♥- Rachel (For the Birds)

    ReplyDelete