Sunday, July 13, 2014

The 50s

Dress - London Times // Belt - American Living // Shoes - Payless // Gloves - Thrifted // Necklace - Walmart // Glasses - Forever21

I've mentioned my backlog of pictures before and these are from, well, several months ago. I had the opportunity to help out with a "through the decades" fashion show for Mother's Day! I also was able to be in the show myself and, of course, I chose to represent the 50s. I'll have to check with the other participants to see which photos I can use on my blog, but until then here's some really grainy shots of my outfit after the show!

I really wanted the show to be as historically accurate as possible. So most of the outfits were vintage, reproduction, or modern with a vintage look. I had a small budget, but I worked with what I had and I think everything turned out nicely! (although I'm a bit frustrated that one of my pin curls didn't really turn out right...so sad) For my outfit I even did a half moon manicure and tried to match the polish as best I could to my lipstick. The half moon manicure's not something I want to do all the time, but now I do pay attention to how my nails are shaped!

No comments:

Post a Comment