Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Girl in the Blue Scarf

So normally I would pick a good action movie over a chick flick, but I do love Confessions of a Shopaholic. Partly because the main character is a ginger named Rebecca (even though I spell my name Rebekah . . . it's close enough) and partly because of her obsession with shoes. Today's outfit is inspired by Confessions of a Shopaholic. Ok, really just the fact that I'm wearing a fabulous scarf. I love the fashion in the movie, but I wouldn't wear most of the outfits. I would definitely wear the green scarf though.


Striped Shirt - Wet Seal // Blazer - Target // Scarf - Hermes (Thrifted) // Jeans - Buffalo Jeans // Boots - Decree ("borrowed" from my mom) // Rings - Thrifted // Earrings - Forever21 // Bracelet - Handmade in Thailand

I based this outfit around the scarf. I liked the look of it with the white and black striped shirt. Of course, since it's still ridiculously cold I needed another layer. So, I went with my favorite black blazer. Even though the blazer is from Target, I actually bought it at Marc's for about $2. Just so you know, Marc's often has marked down Target clothes. Anyways, to dress down the blazer and scarf I chose blue jeans. I just got these jeans and they are officially my favorite! I love Buffalo Jeans so much--they fit me so well and they are so comfortable. The jewelry is basically what I wear every day. 


The shoes are actually a funny story. I have numerous pairs of black boots, but when I went home for the weekend I found my these boots in my mom's closet. I don't think she's ever worn them. And they just looked so lonely sitting in the corner of her closet...so I may have borrowed them. The low heel was very comfortable for walking around campus. I have a short school day on Wednesday, but I also have Navs (an on-campus bible study) in the evening so it's kind of a long day, but the boots were comfortable all day!

Thanks for reading! Beck


2 comments:

  1. Confessions of a Shopaholic was a great movie! Have you ever read the series, my mom and I both read it after seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it's a great movie! I've never read the series though...I'll have to check it out now!

      Delete