Sunday, November 17, 2013

And The Good News Is...

Shirt - Faded Glory // Cardigan -  New York and Company (Thrifted) // Skirt - H&M (Thrifted) // Socks - George // Shoes - Hotcakes

So, I actually do have really great news! These are (um, hopefully) the last crappy pictures you will ever have to see on my blog! (come to think of it, I think there might be one or two more sets of pictures from the summer...so I shall post those asap) Anyways.... I just got a real camera. That's right, I finally bought a DSLR and I am sooo excited! I've been on a few adventures over the past week, so I have plenty of pictures to post! 

I ended up with the Pentax K-30 and the best part is it's weather sealed! I was originally just going to go with Canon because, well, just because. No particular reason. Well, I guess it's because a lot of the bloggers I follow use Canon. But yeah, after doing some research, I decided to go with Pentax. And I'm so glad I did 'cause I found out later that almost all of the older lenses are compatible! And they're so much cheaper!

The weirdest thing is I really hadn't touched a camera before I started blogging. And now, in just about 8 months, I've gone from cell phone camera to point-and-shoot, to a totally awesome DSLR! I know that it's the photographer and not (necessarily) the camera that makes the photo great, but having a great camera really helps!

Just to show you how amazing the k-30 is, check out this video:


And...we'll see if this actually posts, because there's a tornado watch here and the internet's a little spotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment