Friday, May 23, 2014

Blue Gingham - eShakti Review

Dress - c/o eShakti // Shoes - Hotcakes // Hat - Target // Necklace - Walmart

Pictures taken by Laura

Near the end of last month eShakti contacted me asking if I'd be interested in reviewing a product for them and I was more than happy to oblige! If you haven't heard of eShakti before, they offer beautiful custom clothing in sizes 0-36W.

I've spent a lot of time looking at their dresses, but, due to limited funding, I hadn't purchased one. Needless to say, I was very excited to finally have an eShakti dress! I chose this blue gingham one because it really reminded me of Dorothy from Wizard of Oz (which is why I had to pair it with red shoes). Now the color is slightly brighter on the dress than what it appeared on my screen, but I think that's the fault of my computer 'cause I've had this issue before with my darn screen. And it's still a nice color, just brighter than what I was expecting. The dress comes with cap sleeves and hits below the knee, but I customized it to have short sleeves and to hit above the knee. The sleeves were a wee bit too long, but I folded them over once and ironed them to stay and now they're perfect!

The dress is comfortable and very well made. I haven't had the dress for very long, but at this point it looks like it's going to last a long time. Which is good, 'cause I like the dress and I already have plans to wear it a lot this summer. Right out of the box the dress was a little wrinkly, to be expected with any clothing in the mail, and it took awhile to iron the wrinkles out. But, the fabric itself does not wrinkle easily so once it was ironed it was all good!

Oh, and did I mention the dress comes with pockets? I love a dress with pockets! Like I said earlier, I customized the dress a bit and if you didn't want the pockets, you could actually order the dress without them. (Although I can't imagine why someone would want a dress without pockets) You can also adjust the sleeves and length of the dress like I did. Or you can purchase a completely custom size. I just ordered a standard size and it fits perfectly! Really though, the dress does fit perfectly--it's very flattering too! The side zipper makes getting the dress on and off easy. Also, there's some elastic in the back to ensure a good fit.

So yes, I'd definitely recommend both eShakti and this dress to everyone! Don't forget to visit eShakti's website and here's a link directly to this dress. Also be sure to check out eShakti on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.

Also, if you order from eShakti before June 17 (of this year) you can use the code ‘findes‘ and you can get 10% off!

Code has to be entered in the ‘promotional code’ box.   It is not case-sensitive.  
Code can be used any number of times until the validity period. 
It can be clubbed with any other promotional offer, gift coupon or gift card in the same order unless explicitly specified otherwise in the offer conditions.
This discount code is not applicable on clearance / sale, gift cards & overstock categories.
Not applicable on previous purchases. 

Well, I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and I hope you'll also check out eShakti!

No comments:

Post a Comment