Monday, July 22, 2013

Eatin' Bugs

Slightly different format for today's post...just lots of pictures and stuff. Anyways, first day at American Heritage Girl day camp!

Don't ask...it was insect badge day.

Laura will probably kill me for posting this...but ya know, it's worth it.

Yes, I am eating a bug. Salt and vinegar is actually pretty good on crickets...I'm still picking the legs out of my teeth.

I can't believe N tried the bugs. I had to get a picture just to prove she did it! The bugs didn't really taste that bad, but I wouldn't want to eat them a lot or anything.

Yes, I did take a picture of the scissors. You can't really see it here, but they were covered with rainbow honey--that's why I wanted to take a picture! I used these scissors to open the flavored honey sticks for the campers.

Just had to take a picture of these organized and alphabetized candy boxes. Yes, I did this.

Cheddar and BBQ mealworms. Hungy?

Honey soap, lip balm, and lotion! If you haven't tried any of this stuff before it's amazing! Someone from Morning Song Gardens came out and spoke today about bees and we got to try some of the products!

Lastly, we made string art butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment