Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Guest Post by Mom...Sort Of

Dress - Vera Wang (Thrifted) // Cardigan - J. Crew (Thrifted) // Shoes - American Eagle (Thrifted) // Belt - Vintage

Dress - Thrifted and borrowed from my mom // Scarf - Thrifted // Shoes - Restricted Shoes
Photos of my by my mom

Sorry for so many pictures, but I was just so excited to take all these pictures of my mom! She and my dad went away for a few days and left me and Laura with the kids (so fun...). They were going out for dinner tonight and my mom wanted to dress up. So I found a nice dress of mine for her to wear (Vera Wang...um yeah, that's nice!) and then did her hair and makeup. I've never worn this dress before and sometimes I regretted thrifting it, but I really liked the colors. And I'm so glad I did end up getting it 'cause it looks wonderful on my mom. She usually doesn't wear much makeup, but I put eye shadow and liner on her today! She's always beautiful, but it was so fun to put the makeup on her and to see her looking so fantastic! Anyways...I'm glad I got all these pictures :) It was also fun to dress her--she's wearing all my clothes. And, her outfit's totally thrifted too!

Since she borrowed my clothes, I decided to throw on a dress of hers that I've had my eye on for awhile. It's much cuter on my mom than on me. It just makes me look like I have no waist. Trust me, it's there. But you just can't see it in this dress :p And...it didn't really look that great with a belt on :( Oh well, it was fun borrowing her clothes though!

And I know some of the poses in the photos have been really similar the past few posts. But, ya know, if it ain't broke... I was just so excited to finally have found some poses that I really liked. I'll eventually get more creative...at some point.

Anyways, I finally made this cake. I don't really bake that much, even though I enjoy it. But, when I saw this  cake on Delightfully Tacky I was just dying to make it! Mine looks...not amazing. 'Cause the frosting was like dripping off. But, it tasted amazing. I mean, seriously, a black tea and blackberry lime cake with lemon frosting? Amazing. I could have eaten the whole thing myself.

These are some ugly, but awesome boots I thrifted today. Clear rainboots? Yes! I really think they need different laces though. I can't wait for it to rain now though, so I can wear them with crazy socks!

Aaaand, lastly here's a picture I snapped of Laura on the trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment