Friday, July 5, 2013

Festivities on the 4th!

Outfit 1 - Dress - Adrianna Papell (Thrifted) // Scarf - Thrifted // Shoes - Hot Cakes
Outfit 2 - Dress - LOFT (Thrifted) // Scarf - Thrifted // Shoes - Payless // Sunglasses - Charlotte Russe

Well, here are the rest of the pictures from the fourth! I hope y'all had a wonderful Independence Day. I'm so thankful for the freedom we have in this country!

In the morning we went to the annual parade in Thompson. Don't you just love us all in red, white, and blue? It's kind of awesome when you get 10 people in the same family to do it. Oh and I loved all the classic cars in the parade! I tried to get pictures of some of them :) Anyways, there's a thrift store in the same square as the parade so we checked that out before heading home. I got two pairs of vintage shoes for $3. No joke. I have super wide feet so I can never find vintage shoes that fit me (or shoes that cheap!). It makes me sad when I find awesome vintage shoes, but I can't buy them. But not today!!

The 4th is also my mom's birthday so when we got home from the parade we surprised her by dressing up like this. I thought of doing this because she loves the show White Collar and they had these really inexpensive FBI playsets at Dollar Tree. I wish I'd taken a picture when everyone was still dressed up. It was so hot that a few people changed before we could get the picture. It was fun to do though and my mom enjoyed it :) ...then we changed back into our red, white, and blue outfits and had some amazing turtle cheesecake that I made for her!

Later in the evening we went to Ohio Chautauqua to see a reenactment monologue of Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry. It was really well done! Although I couldn't pay attention as much as I wanted to because I had to watch a couple of the kids and...well, they were bored :p I liked it though.

We went straight to Geneva-on-the-Lake to see some fireworks and even though we were more than an hour early we almost didn't get a parking spot! We just barely made it into one lot that had plenty of parking, but was super muddy. Right after we drove in, a couple cars got stuck and they closed the lot! The fireworks were great though and it was fun seeing them with my family. And yes, we sit on top of the car to watch fireworks 'cause we're awesome. We only live like 10ish minutes from Geneva-on-the-Lake, but in the post-firework traffic it took an entire hour! But, we did get to see another firework show from the car window while we were stuck in traffic :)

Hope your 4th was great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment