Monday, August 19, 2013

Beware the Crazed Deer

So this is what I woke up to. I'm sharing a room with my sister Catherine...and, well she's not always the neatest person. So I told her she absolutely had to make at least her side of the bed and couldn't just leave it all nasty looking all week long. Here, you can see that she did exactly what I told her to do...made just her side of the bed :p

There's this weird swamp thing on either side of the walkway to the beach. We're all wondering how deep the water really is...and what's lurking beneath it. Yeah, we watch too much Doctor Who

Here's our house from the back. It's a duplex and we're on the right side in this picture...The one with all the towels and stuff hanging everywhere. Hey, at least we used real suitcases and not Piggly Wiggly bags. There's actually Piggly Wiggly right down the road from our beach house too...

Love the messy bun? I may have slept on my hair for a few hours....

I'm glad my brother, M, volunteered to take pictures. But even he noticed I didn't feel that great 'cause he kept pointing out how unhappy I looked in most of the pictures :p Hopefully I look sort of decent in these...

I really missed this dress...it sat in my closet all summer 'cause the zipper was broken until last week.

"Don't you dare take my picture!" She's gonna kill me for this...but who cares :p I love this picture...and my mom!

Anyways, I don't really have any pictures of this, but I went with a long walk with my mom after the kids were all in bed. It was really awesome 'cause the bike trail we walked on was absolutely gorgeous in the moonlight! I haven't really had a chance to talk with my mom alone for a long time and it was so nice to be able to do that. I love spending time with her, but she just has so many other children it's hard to get any one-on-one time with her. 

We ended up walking almost the entire bike trail ...in the dark.  The trail goes through a forest of sorts and is filled with Spanish moss covered trees and lots of swamp-like areas. So in the dark it's really beautiful...but also a bit creepy. Anyways, we saw a bunch of deer ahead of us and they just kept moving up the bike trail a little bit until we caught up with them--and then they would just move again. But then the rest of the walk we kept jumping every time we heard a stick crack in the woods. Shoes in hand I was ready to smack any harmless creatures that dared come near us. People, deer are terrifying in the middle of the night. Especially when you've got nothing to defend yourself with except for a pair of white flip flops and a purple glowstick. Oh and the frogs sounded like goats...no kidding (see what I did there...) they really sound like goats.

Welp, that's it for today. Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment