Friday, August 23, 2013

Take Some Jelly, Take Some Fish...

This is the trail we took our evening walks on! Yeah...the camera doesn't take amazing low-light photos. So, I had to walk it during the daytime to get some pictures!

Just mom and I went on the walk today, but we ran into dad on the way back to the house.

Aaaand then we took a little detour and decided to brave the beach access trail again. We tried this trail a few days ago ...and it was very swampy.  We couldn't even get around the swampish parts so we had to walk right through them. We now both have a weird rash that we think if from that nasty water. But, no. We never learn. So we did the trail again. What's gonna happen? I get another rash? Yeah...already got it.

This was the coolest little tunnel! I thought it was very reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland. My mom said it reminded her of The Shire. Either way it's cool.

What you don't know is that while trying to take these pictures we were being eaten alive by bugs! I seriously never get bug bites...but this was horrible! It was fine when we were just walking...but standing? Heck no. You can also see some of the swamp in the background.

There were so many jellyfish! This is probably the coolest one we found though. Unfortunately, a few of the kids got stung as well. Anyways, every time I saw a jellyfish I started singing Julian Smith's jellyfish song

The lack of shells was a bit disappointing....but this morning they were actually a few decent ones! Yes, I said morning. I actually got up before noon....on vacation. Hey, I didn't want to waste a minute of the last day!

We also rented a kayak! I love kayaking, but some of the kids have never been kayaking before!

This picture turned out so well! Kayaking with my mom :_

Aren't they so cute!

We try to make a bigger sand castle every year we go...this year's was a bit dissapointing. I'll have to go back and see if I can find some from previous years. Anyways, I don't know what's going on with my dad's hair...but that curl on his forehead makes him look a bit like Clark Kent :p

Like the end of any vacation go on we had to attempt to take a family picture. Sadly, this is the best picture we got (I'm kind of hidden on the right-hand side). But hey, this is definitely my family! And yet another picture my mom will kill me for posting. I think she wants to keep up the illusion that we're a normal family. Um, we're not. Yeah, this is us.

No comments:

Post a Comment