Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dinosaur Dig and Yet Another Birthday

Shirt - Zazzle // Skirt - Thrifted // Belt - Cato's // Plaid Shirt - Charlotte Russe (Thrifted) // Shoes - l.e.i.

And yet another birthday today! And there are still at least 3 more just in June! Today was my brother D's 5th birthday and he had a dinosaur theme. I unfortunately forgot to upload a picture of the cake, but it actually turned out really well! I got the best olive green color gradation for the T-Rex head though! Anyways, because of the dinosaur theme I knew I had to wear my Primeval shirt. I know I've said this before but if you haven't watched the show Primeval, you must!  The rest of my outfit was inspired by Abby Maitland (a character on the show). So it fit the theme perfectly!

I don't know why, but when I decided to take pictures I just told my sister, Catherine, to put on a plaid shirt and some boots and come with me. It ended up being really fun. I should do sibling photo shoots more often! On the way to the woods we grabbed a shovel and decided to do a dinosaur dig inspired photo shoot. We only had about 15 minutes so we didn't get too many pictures, but it was fun! I wish we could have found my dad's safari hat though--it would have looked cool in the pictures. And without dinosaur bone props it could look like we're burying something rather than digging something up. But, we did have dinosaur dig in mind when we took these pictures.

Well, I'm not planning to blog over the weekend 'cause I'm in my friend's wedding. But I have a post scheduled for while I'm gone. Well I hope y'all have a great day and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment