Friday, May 24, 2013

Daisies and Spiderwebs

I've been looking forward to this since the last time I was in California....Winchester House! I went the last time I was in California, and I loved it so much that I couldn't wait to go back!!! Having been on the tour before I actually remembered some of the things on the tour (weird, I know! I usually remember next to nothing!). But, it was still so amazing. No photography was allowed in the house, but I got some outside pictures. If you're ever in the San Jose area or just California at all, for the love of Pete you MUST go see Winchester House. (Plus, Winchester...Supernatural...yes.)

When Sarah Winchester's husband died, she inherited tons of money which she eventually used to finance the building of the house. Apparently a psychic in Boston told her to build a house continuously to confuse/appease the spirits of those who were killed with the Winchester rifle. So she bought an 8 room farmhouse and just remodeled and added on to it 24/7 until the day she died. She spend over 5 million dollars on the house. It really is a beautiful house and it's really bizarre. There are doors to nowhere, doors that open to several story drops, windows on the inside, stairs that go nowhere, and lots of other weird things. She loved daisies, spiders, and the number 13--these appear throughout the house. The design of the house is so weird and apparently she met with spirits everday and got the design plans from them for the next day. Ahh! There's so much more, but you'll have to go and see for your self. Or...watch this clip perhaps (...with the wacko psychic at the end)? This clip might be better...yeah, this one's definitely better. Way better.

We ended up going on the behind the scenes tour as well, which was super fun! Then we drove out to Muir Woods for a few minutes. Well, we wanted to stay longer, but due to a ...wrong turn...we ended up getting there right before they closed the park. But, it was so beautiful! That was another place I went to last trip, and I even tried to get a similar picture to one I got last time. Kind of like I did with the gorilla in RFC. I'm surprised we made it to Muir Woods though because I saw a sign that said Muir Woods --> but the GPS said to go the other way. But, it turns out I was right all along! We almost ran out of gas...and the wrong turn put us a wee bit behind schedule. Just so y'all know, I am absolutely horrible with directions. I have no sense of direction whatsoever. So, the fact that I was right when the GPS was wrong is just ...amazing. I will never forget this. Ever.

Day's not over yet :p We were tired after that, but we decided to head back out to Fisherman's Wharf to eat 'cause it's close-ish to our hotel. We ended up eating at Boudin Sourdough. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl? Yes! 

Well...get ready for a ton of pictures. Hey, we went to Winchester House and Muir Woods in the same day.
Awesome hardhats for the behind the scenes tour!

Don't Blink


Dress - INC (Thrifted) // Cardigan - New York & Company (Thrifted) // Jacket - Forever21 // Tights - George // Shoes - Faded Glory

Thanks for reading! You can check out my first trip here. Here's the link to my sister's blog. And here's the link (finally!) to the conference my dad spoke at. And his bio. Well, I hope y'all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment