Thursday, May 23, 2013

Favorite Daughter of the Speaker

So...today was the day my dad spoke at the conference. I'm so proud of him just for being accepted to speak, but the fact that it went so well was just amazing! Several people told him that he was the best speaker there. I went with him to the conference for moral support. I think he did a marvelous job! I can't tell you what he spoke about because...well I don't know what it was. Well it was something about multicore. But that's the extent of my knowledge. I know that makes me sounds kind of dumb...but ya know, it's just not my area of expertise. Yes, I was there. And yes, I did listen to the entire thing because I love my dad. But, I still I don't know...even after sitting through 5 more hours of similar topics from other speakers. Yes. 5 hours. I am seriously the best daughter ever for sitting through that. Anyways, to get into the conference I had to have a badge. And since I don't really work for those companies my title was "Favorite Daughter of the Speaker." Yeah, that was officially printed on my badge. The guy who organized the conference even took a picture of it!

Well, after that it was really late, but we still went to Fisherman's wharf. Well, we stood in front of it at least...it was so late we really only had time to eat then leave. We're supposed to go back later in the week 'cause the wharf is pretty awesome! Anways, we ate at Rainforest Cafe!!! Woo!!! I love RFC so much. And it's the same one I went to my last California trip. I also ate the exact same thing. I could have tried something different, but mushroom ravioli in lobster sauce is pretty hard to beat! We were all pretty tired after that, especially dad, so we walked around a few minutes before we left. I felt bad that I was really not comfortable driving in California 'cause dad really was super tired. To help keep him awake we ended up singing every Weird Al song we knew. Yeah, we're a weird (awesome) family. We started singing 'cause my dad made some comment about The Who and I just burst into song "I haven't been in a crowd like this since I went to see the Who!" You know you have those moments where everything reminds you of a song!

And one last note. I am finally wearing a dress as a skirt. I actually haven't worn this dress on the blog before, but I was dying to wear this outfit to the pier. And I've always wanted to do the dress as a skirt thing...I think it turned out pretty great! And I am so loving weird crazy mixed prints and patterns rights now! I'll probably look back at these pictures one day and just wonder what I was thinking...but ya know, I was happy today with this outfit so it's cool.

No wait...one more last note! So...FanimeCon is this weekend! How did I not know this? I mean I guess I live in Ohio so I don't really pay attention to out of state and like west coast cons...but seriously it's like a few miles from my hotel! And this weekend!!! It makes me so sad that I have neither a costume with me or a ticket to go :( Or money to buy either. I only found out 'cause my dad and sister saw a bunch of signs while they were jogging. And then dad drove me through the city so I could see the signs too. One day...one day I will come back and go to FanimeCon!!!!

 Soo...there's no zoom on my camera. But, that's my dad speaking slightly to the left and slightly above center. Really far in the distance.

Yup, my conference badge! It's official. Favorite Daughter of the Speaker!

A FanimeCon sign!

Trolley!!

Fisherman's Wharf!

Two years ago at the exact same place!

Wow...her expression is just a bit disturbing

A three story tall RFC! Yes!

Sourdough bread animals

A giant bread crocodile

These masks are kind of cool...but look how they hung them? Through the eye holes? Kind of creepy!

Best hat ever!

Shirt - Thrifted // Dress - Monteu // Belt - Thrifted // Tights - George // Cardigan - New York and Company (Thrifted) // Sunglasses - Charlotte Russe // Jacket - Forever21 // Shoes - Faded Glory 
Even though I guess you can't even really see what I'm wearing...

Whoooa overload of crappy pictures! But hey, it's vacation. And I'm probably gonna have to retake outfit pictures later anyway because I'm not really getting any good ones. Anyways, read about my first trip here. Here's the link to my sister's blog. And here's the link (finally!) to the conference my dad spoke at. And his bio. Well, thanks for reading and I hope y'all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment