Sunday, May 26, 2013

It's a Jungle Out There?

Or maybe a zoo. Or maybe, just maybe, a public restroom that hadn't been cleaned in the past decade. No joke. It was at a state park, and well... it reminded me of several exhibits at the Cleveland Zoo. Except the zoo might have actually smelled better ...and was probably cleaner. Well, wasn't that an interesting note to start my post with? Hey, I just had to share it with someone. You're welcome.

It's sad that it's the last day to spend in California. I wish I didn't have to go back to Ohio :( I mean I guess it's still cold here, but at least it's sunny in California! They could do a show called It's Always Cloudy in Cleveland. Although as we were heading back to the hotel we saw some storm clouds. But, ya know, I can deal with some clouds occasionally.

First we stopped by Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey to buy some jackets! When we woke up in the morning, it was FREEEEZING and we decided to get jackets before we headed down to the state park. My dad just loves Monterey, so he made us all get jackets there. I wish we had been closer to Winchester House, 'cause I would have loved a jacket from there! But it was funny as we were walking around the wharf because we were trying find presents for the other kids that didn't come with us, remember which stores the presents we decided on were in, and then buy the presents...and we were in a hurry. I think we found pretty cool stuff though, even if we took a few minutes longer! I ended up getting a goofy fleece jacket that I'll probably never wear again :/ But I did get a great blanket! It looks kind of like this--only blue. My mom had a red one while I was growing up and it brings back lots of memories. I always wanted one for myself so I'm really happy I found this.

After Fisherman's Wharf, we drove down to Julia Pfeiffer State Park. And yes, that's where the bathroom was. The bathroom. Yes, that one. Anyways, enough of that. Where was I? Oh yes, State Park. My dad's wanted go here every time he's been in California, but he never made it out. Last time it was really late in the evening and I got really sick right before he wanted to make the drive. We didn't end up staying that long, but we finally made it out there and it really was beautiful! I'm not sure how to describe it, but there are pictures below. I'll just leave it at...well, it was beautiful.

We then drove to Cannery Row and stopped at a few places there. There was a great pirate store, a shell store, and...lots of stores. Honestly the shopping in Monterey Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row was so much better than San Francisco. We were hungry though, so we didn't shop that long. We ended up eating at Louie Linguini's...and I kept thinking of Ratatouille the entire time. Especially the part when the head chef is just yelling "Linguiiiiini!" ...I couldn't find a clip on YouTube though. Sorry :( I was really in the mood for crab, but I decided to go really adventurous and order some clams and mussels and some other stuff all served on noodles. I now know that outside of clam chowder I really don't like clams and especially mussels. But, I did try both! I don't know why, but the mussels just looked...weird. There was a bunch of other meat with the noodles so other than that my dinner was great. Then we stopped by the Nestle Toll House place and got some ice cream. It was great though 'cause you could make your own ice cream sandwiches and pick your own combination of cookies and ice cream. It was awesome!! I got fudge tracks ice cream with a triple chocolate and an English toffee cookie. I'll have to run for a week to burn those calories! Oh wait...I don't run. Anyways, we didn't want to get to the hotel too late, so we left around 8:30 PM.
Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf

Yes.


Two years ago...same place. same shirt.

At the state park

Pirate Store at Cannery Row in Monterey

Two years ago--same place.

Apparently the person on the packaging doesn't know how to use this product...

He has no eyes!

Shirt - Old Navy // Skirt - Thrifted // Jacket - Forever21 // Cardigan - New York and Company (Thrifted) // Tights - George // Shoes - Faded Glory

Well it was a busy, but fun, last day. You can check out my first trip here. Here's the link to my sister's blog. And here's the link (finally!) to the conference my dad spoke at. And his bio. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!

PS I didn't really feel like taking pictures on the trip home. I was just really tired and wanted to sleep. I did, however, watch The Guilt Trip and Oz the Great and Powerful. I thought The Guilt Trip was really dumb, but I really loved Oz! Anyways, I'm home now and I'm really looking forward to getting back to normal outfit posts. Oh, and I basically wore the same thing as I did on the way to California, but with the shirt in today's outfit. And my tights look they they were in a cat fight....

No comments:

Post a Comment