Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Vintage Shoes and Classic Cars

Crochet Shirt - Ralph Lauren // Plaid Shirt - a.n.a // Shorts - Faded Glory // Tights - Payless // Shoes - Maurices

I knew this outfit was a winner when my mom just said wow when she saw me this morning. That wasn't a wow, you look great, that was a wow...that's an interesting outfit. I don't mean that I dress solely to scare my mom. I just mean that last year I would have thought it was weird to mix crochet and patterned tights and a plaid shirt. And before last semester I never even wore tights and shorts even though I really wanted to. For me, since I didn't think twice about wearing this outfit, it means that I'm much comfortable with what I'm wearing. And I definitely love this outfit!

So I finally got my hair cut today. I was long overdue for a trim and I wanted to get it cut before California and then the wedding. These pictures are actually before the haircut, but it looks basically the same. I just got it trimmed. I had a bit of a hair crisis about a month ago. I was considering dying it turquoise, teal, or blue (I still might do that...) and then maybe getting a pixie cut (short maybe, but pixie cut definitely not...it would look weird on my face). I definitely like the length and style of my hair. Especially since I went back to straightening it (well...slightly wavy I guess). I'm glad that it looks ok natural (seen in last week's posts), but I'm definitely more comfortable with it this way. And actually I think it's easier to deal with this way. Back to crazy hair....what do you think of me with blueish hair? That might be fun for a couple weeks in the summer!

Anyways we're getting ready to celebrate National Chocolate Chip day tomorrow. My sister is even having a little party complete with every imaginable flavor of chocolate chip to eat. Everyone is supposed bring something made with chocolate chips (besides cookies). I may make chocolate chip banana bread...but I'm not super motivated. And I just realized we have no bananas. Yay! Less work for me! I just get to eat the fruits of others' labors. 'Cause that's just how I roll...

On a totally unrelated note, I went thrifting again today for clothes for one of my brothers. I didn't end up getting anything ...for him or me. I did find these awesome shoes though. I would have bought them, but they were a wee bit snug :( There was a red pair too! So sad they didn't fit me! I have trouble finding vintage shoes because I have really wide feet! But I did think to take a picture of them so y'all can see how terribly sad it is that these shoes don't fit me!
On another totally unrelated note, There were two amazing antique trucks parked in the Y parking lot this morning. I couldn't help but take a picture of them. They're both really awesome, but the first one is definitely my favorite. What do you think?
Well, it's less than a week before my California trip! Read about my first trip here! Thanks for reading and Happy National Chocolate Chip Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment