Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Lovely Red Scarf

Shirt - American Eagle Outfitters (Thrifted) // Skirt - Gap (Thrifted) // Scarf - Thrifted // Shoes - Faded Glory // Ring - Gift from my Dad
Photos by Natalie

I went to the mall with my sister today...and I didn't buy anything. It was so hard, but I have no money right now. Anyways, the hardest thing was not buying scarves. I'm kind of in love with almost any scarf from Charlotte Russe. Laura needed some sunglasses and Charlotte Russe usually has cute, inexpensive sunglasses. So, as I'm trying to help Laura pick out some sunglasses for an upcoming trip (more on that later) my eyes keep wandering over to the scarves. But...I bought zero scarves. After cleaning my closet (ok so it's almost done) I realized that I really never need to buy another scarf. It's scary how many I have...

Later today I went with my mom and youngest sister, Natalie (who took the photos today), to a local library for a crochet class. It's actually pretty fun! And Natalie did really well :) I learned how to crochet at probably around her age, but no one taught me anything beyond the basic chain stitch and not how to do rows or anything. So...I had a bunch of long crocheted yarn chains when I was little. Today I actually learned how do rows! My crocheting is pretty crappy at this point, but I now have a little bit of an idea of what I'm doing. I have some ideas of projects I'd love to do when I get better at it. One book had directions on how to do an adorable crocheted purse!

That's it for now :) I just worked for like 5 hours at least on a self portrait for my life drawing final...so I skipped exercising. But, I did my Bible reading today. Well, thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day!

PS yeah...photos still not the best. I'm tpo far away from my other photographers and my mom's camera is still broken. My cell phone camera takes ok pics when there's good light out...but it was after 8 and the sun was setting fast! Hoping this will change soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment