Saturday, April 5, 2014

13 Month Blogiversary

That's right, it's been exactly 13 months since I began blogging! (Also, I'm exactly one entire month late with this blogiversary post...but we'll forget that happened, right?) It's been a great and crazy year, and now that the weather's nice again I look forward to take pictures out in the woods again!! And doing some fun stuff.

Anywho, let's see what happened all this past year!

March


So, March was when I first decided to blog and you can see my very first post here. I started out wearing pants a lot (seen here) and now I just have a bunch of jeans that I don't wear that much anymore. Oh well, I'll probably wear them eventually. Anywho, even though I wore a lot of jeans, I knew I eventually wanted to wear dresses and skirts more. And here is probably my first foray into wearing dresses. Not that great, but not that bad either. I wouldn't wear this nowadays, but yeah you can see where I was attempting to go with my style!


April




Although Easter was technically in March of last year, I didn't post until April. Here you can see my love of the 1950s showing, even though this outfit still needs a lot of work! I think it was suggested in the comments that I wear a peach cardigan. And, while I agree, I think I only had like a black cardigan and a gray one at that point. I now not only have a peach cardigan...I now have a lot of different colored cardigans. Makes life (and getting dressed in the morning) easier.

Also, in April, I took a week off of school to go down to Massanutten resort in Virginia. Gosh, this place is really fun! I think I wore mostly pants that week, but still got one dress in there. On a random note, I finally replaced those black combat boots! They may have looked cute, but they were way too small! (Clearance for $5 is my excuse...) Anyways, that was a really fun vacation and I'm glad I get to go back and read about it!

May




In may I wore a few dresses again and attempted, for the first time, to let my hair go natural. That...did not go well. I mean, I guess it looks alright here, but yeah I wasn't ready to go curly yet. In other news, I finished my first year at the University of Akron in May and went on a business trip to California with my dad and sister in May! I got to go to a lot of the same places I did before when I was in California the first time and retake pictures--so fun! I miss California now :( Oh! And in California we got to go to the Winchester house...again. Gosh, that place is SO cool. 

June



Nothing too eventful in June. I tried to go running. That...did not go well. I also volunteered at Hannah's Home. I drove back up to Akron for a Bible study. Aaaand.... Oh! My Papaw was in town, so we went to a bunch of antique places and auctions! As you can see, I'm wearing dresses a lot more this month.

July



In July I wrote my 100th post! And did a bunch of super fun things! We went boating, to see the Tall Ships in Cleveland, and I went to DC (again) on a road trip! Looking back, I think this was one of the funnest months last year. Some of my favorite memories are from July! I wore a lot of 50s inspired things this month. and lots of red lipstick!

August



Very busy month, August. Camp Friedlanderbeach vacation and going back to school. I hadn't been to camp in years, and it was so fun to finally to actually enjoy a week at camp! Also, my family hadn't been on a beach vacation in awhile...so yeah, very very fun. I was not looking forward to school starting, but it was a decent semester and now I'm halfway done!!

September



School. Although I did get to go to the titanic exhibit at the Cleveland Science Center and that was fun. I remember being sick most of the month. Oh yeah, I started getting sick during the beach vacation... Haha, I just found this post. Apparently I was so tired I put a pair of shoes in the fridge. What's even funnier is that I just put a pair of boots in the freezer, on purpose, to stretch them out (it actually works--check this out).

October



More school. And more sickness. Also, Halloween. So some good stuff! For a Halloween party I dressed up as Erza Scarlet (from Fairy Tail, my favorite anime) and at school I dressed up as Amy Pond from Doctor Who. Also, I think this is the month I decided to let my hair go natural. It was...interesting for awhile.

November



School + sick. Surprised? Apparently my immune system is not that great. Two cool things in November though. I did a ton of research and finally bought a DSLR, a Pentax K-30 (It's water sealed, guys. It's amazing). And also...lipstick. I was watching a Doctor Who episode one day, liked Clara's lipstick, and went out and bought some as close to her color as I could find. L'Oreal Saucy Mauve. The verdict? I'm still wearing that color! I love it! Oh, and Thanksgiving.

December 



School finally let out for winter break! I was also still sick though, of course. I went down to Florida briefly. That was pretty fun! I got to see a bunch of antique cars at Don Garlits too!

January 2014

Back to school. But not as sick though. Mostly posted about Florida.

February

School. And I tried to get back into the swing of things with blogging...fail.

March

School. And I think I was sick a little bit this month, but not too much. I've been in relatively good health this semester! Also, a lame attempt at a blogiversary post. Buuuut, you can see my crazy curly hair now! I actually really like it now :)

April

April? Well, that's now, actually. So you'll have to keep reading to find out what happens! Thanks so much to all my readers :) You guys are awesome! It's been so fun writing this blog and seeing how much my style has changed over the past year. And I've had so much fun following along with your blogs as well :) Hope this next year is just as great as the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment